Business Valuation Experts
Company Valuations for Funding, Planning, Transactions & Litigation
Accurate, defensible business valuations require sophisticated financial analyses and complex assessments. Synthesizing objective and subjective criteria, these valuations can be pivotal to the resolution of various commercial deals and disputes.
At Thomas Roney LLC, our economic experts have vast experience quantifying, assessing, and disputing business valuations for an array of needs and enterprises. From determining and applying the most appropriate methodologies to explaining and defending values, we have the expertise and resources to determine businesses’ market value with precision, objectivity, and credibility.
Call (214) 665-9458 for a free consultation.
Our business valuation experts work with businesses, attorneys, and other clients across the nation. We are ready to learn more about your engagement and tell you more about our services, rates, and experience.
Business Valuation Services
Several approaches can drive business valuations, with the nature of the business and the reason for the valuation impacting which methodology may be most appropriate. The accountants and economic consultants at Thomas Roney LLC are deeply knowledgeable about the various approaches for business valuations, including (but not limited to) the:
· Discounted cash flow (DCF) method: This involves the use of existing assets, income, and projections to estimate future cash flows and company value. Cash flows and rates can be subject to reasonable discounts, based on risk, interest rates, and other factors. The DCF method is generally the most used approach to company valuation.
· Multiples method: Often used with DCF evaluations, the multiples method involves benchmark companies and metrics, using those as a reference point for certain key variables. Comparing how a business lines up with the benchmark set—through ratios and multiples analysis—is how valuations are made through this method.
· Comparable transactions method: Like the multiples method, this approach involves benchmark data sets and complex analyses against those sets. Uniquely, however, the comparable transactions method also includes assessments of the “EBITDA” (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization).
From startups to Fortune 500 companies, Thomas Roney LLC completes thorough, ultraprecise valuations for needs that include (and are not limited to):
- Buy-sell agreements
- Exit strategy and succession planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Fundraising and lending
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Tort claims