Life Care Plan Consultants & Expert Witnesses
Economists & Financial Experts Providing Personal Injury Attorneys with a credible assessment of the value, in present-day dollars, a Life Care Plan. We do NOT create Life Care Plans, we only provide a present-day assessment of value.
Critical to personal injury cases, life care plans contain essential details regarding plaintiffs’ necessary medical expenses. Our task is to project future inflation of the care costs and determine the present value of an award for the financial needs after an injury-causing event. At Thomas Roney LLC, our economic and financial experts are skilled at creating, analyzing, and estimating the present value of life care plans.
Our team of economic and financial consultants has extensive experience working with plaintiff and defense attorneys nationwide. No matter what injuries or events are involved in a case, we can provide a credible assessment of the value, in present-day dollars, a Life Care Plan. We do NOT create Life Care Plans, we only provide a present-day assessment of value. Turn to Thomas Roney LLC when it’s time to evaluate claims and financial recoveries.
Call (214) 665-9458 or email us for a free consultation.
Life Care Plan Assessments for Personal Injury Cases
Thomas Roney LLC provides the full range of life care plan services for personal injury cases involving motor vehicle accidents, work injuries, dangerous products, unsafe places, and more. These services include (and are not limited to):
- Modeling: We determine the best methodologies for calculating current and future financial needs. Then, we carry out the complex analyses and calculations, using the latest techniques and highly advanced software, to complete valuations.
- Audits: We analyze and carefully review existing life care plans to determine whether they are fair and/or compliant with the applicable standards and laws. Then, we create detailed reports that clearly explain our findings.
- Opinions: Our experts synthesize complex data into cogent opinions that meet or exceed all applicable discovery requirements.
To provide the highest quality life care plan services, our experts consider an array of key factors, such as (but not limited to):
- Expenses: This includes all current and future medical care costs, from hospital, surgery, and medication bills to expenses for long-term nursing care, home modifications, and assistive equipment.
- Frequency: Current medical care costs, the number of times the costs will be incurred each year and the duration of the costs of medical goods and services (when they begin and when the end) all need to be assessed in determining the present value of the life care plan.
- Life expectancy: This involves a careful examination of individual attributes and behaviors, along with life tables and risk factors. Given that many personal injury awards are intended to cover certain financial and medical needs for the rest of a plaintiff’s life, accuracy of life expectancy estimates for an individual may be especially important when calculating life expectancy for life care plans, especially for those plaintiffs with pre-existing conditions. We rely on the current U.S. Life Tables for males and females, published by the CDC, and reduced life expectancy for an individual provided by a life care planner or life expectancy expert.
- Nationwide: Our Team works with Plaintiff & Defense Attorney’s and Life Care Planners nationwide.